Translate

Friday, December 13, 2013

Poverty

¨Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody; I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat ¨

I remember those long nights as a kid when I used to hope that this would be the last day that I'd hear gunshots or about someone dying. It was weird because I lived in a house filled with people, but I always felt as if I was alone, you know? No one asked if I was okay or told me that everything would be alright. Even when there were no lights, gas, food or electric. I mean I didn't ask to be here, so why should I have to suffer for someone else's mistakes? They said that if you just pray to ''god'' that everything would be alright. But the more I prayed, the more things got worse... I guess that was a sign. That may be the reason why I care so much for the subject or why I want to make it out of here so bad! There are long cold nights, the days are lonely, & the ones that are supposed to care for you are no where to be found. Why me? What did I do to deserve this? I didn't ask to be here! But, I might as well continue to connect with what I love while I'm here.... -Cole



No comments:

Post a Comment