Translate

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

CHRISTMAS EVE


"Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful."


It's never really been any day special to me. Christmas was one of those days where my brother, my sister, and I would hope that the people who gave out donated toys wouldn't forget about us. My "mom" would sit on the couch & act as if she didn't care about how we felt or what went on in our heads. Why would you let your kids feel as if they were alone & that there was no one out there to save them? I'm not gonna let any of my kids feel that way again because I know how horrible it is to feel that way. I still wonder how did I grow up, not hating her? I always came back to elementary, middle, and high school with nothing new or no exciting family stories like the other kids. I'd be embarrassed most years and spend Christmas with one of my "friends", but that never worked out as good because no one understood what I was going through. I mean it isn't normal, but I thought that people would at least care to listen. I do remember maybe 2 or 3 Christmas's where my school & a charity gave us tons of toys and the looks my brother & sister had on their faces. I can say that each Christmas in the past was a learning lesson today. But, Christmas is about giving & that's one thing I've never stopped loving! So here's some advice, 
"Appreciate & Love Everything." -Cole

(Please feel free to comment your view/opinion)

No comments:

Post a Comment